The projects below represent the modern phase of my digital design career. For web design, I prefer to code by hand when the projects are relatively small. I utilize Adobe® Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Animate, and Illustrator primarily in my work. I have been delivering satisfying design for my clients for decades. I would love to be a source of inspiration for the next generation of designers and influencers through education. I feel that as we are called to change as a society, design will lead the way forward.
Illustration is a more recent skill and one that has led me back to print design. I couldn’t be happier to engage with clients and find new ways to put Adobe Illustrator to use. From designing packaging to making assets for animation, from drawing to putting together type for a logo, my use of Adobe Illustrator only grows day by day.
**images will open in a new window
- Top Notch Coffee eCommerce This website utilizes a PayPal shopping cart for transactions. The design is responsive and user centered. This website was built with hand written code in Notepad++. The CSS utilizes @media query to achieve the responsive design. The website features a contact form, customer reviews, and company branding.
- Top Notch Coffee's Explainer Animation uses the company's branding. This short animation tells the story of how Top Notch Coffee because the best coffee distribution company by sourcing fair trade and organic grown beans. All assets were designed in Photoshop, while the animation was created with Adobe® Animate.
- HTML Banner Animation for Top Notch Coffee made with Adobe® Animate. This short looping animation was designed for use in webpages as a banner advertisement. The button can be linked to the company website or a landing page. I chose the music by Kevin_MacLeod, Ouroboros full mix, because it wakes you up, just like coffee.
- This image represents an Adobe® Photoshop mock-up from a Wireframe for Bobby's Vacation Rentals. The website will feature eCommerce interactivity and a blog. The effects utilized in Adobe® Photoshop are masking, grouping, transparency, gradients, outlines, and drawing.
- This illustrated "Portrait of Emily" was created with Adobe Illustrator from the ajacent photo. The likeness and color choices made this a once in a lifetime portriat of this adorable nine year old. This project utilized the pen and curvature tools in Adobe® Illustrator.
- The Monogram Project was a fun branding exercise that I did with my own initials. Each monogram represents something about me or my interests. From upper left to right, my initials, travel, Disney fan, Christmas, HTML and coding, Star Trek. Designed with Adobe® Illustrator.
- On the left is an old, damaged photo. The Photo Restoration on the right was performed with Adobe® Photoshop. I utilized the spot healing brush and straightened the photo. I used filters to remove the "dust" and sharpen the image. The original photo was quite damaged with age and possibly water. This project was well recieved by the client.
- This ia Print Advertisement which was designed in Adobe® Photoshop. This advertisement called for arced text, layer and clipping masks and typographic skills. Some of the techniques used are the layer mask with type, gradient background, harmonious color palette and typographic heirarchy.
- Coming soon....